Thank you for your interest in volunteering at St Teresa of Avila! We truly appreciate your time and talent.
Kindly fill out the following documents and return them to the Parish Office, thank you!
Guidelines for Volunteers (including Ushers) Who May Come into Contact with Minors
These guidelines are outlined by the Archdiocese of Newark as it refers to all Volunteers, including Ushers, at all parishes and schools within the Archdiocese, who may come into contact with minors. This information comes directly from the Archdiocesan Code of Conduct. All forms are found on our website or at the website address provided.
All Volunteers need the following:
- Background Check – done by St Teresa’s with the following information:
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Whether or not you have ever lived in New York
- Protecting God’s Children Training – offered by the Archdiocese of Newark. Volunteers must sign up on-line by visiting the following website: http://www.rcan.org/offices-and-ministries/child-youth-protection
After taking the training, a certificate is provided to the participant. That certificate must be presented to St Teresa’s within the first thirty days of commencing being a Volunteer.
- Completed Volunteer Application – this form must be completed and returned to St Teresa’s prior to starting.
- Signed Archdiocesan Code of Conduct Acknowledgement – The Code of Conduct is available at the following website and should be read, along with the acknowledgement on the last page to be signed and submitted indicating that it has been read and compliance is understood: http://www.rcan.org/sites/default/files/files/NewarkConductPolicy-12-04.pdf
- Registered Parishioner – Be a registered member of the parish for at least six months.