Annual St Teresa/ America Red Cross Blood Drive
Good Friday, March 30, 2018
GIVE BLOOD – SAVE A LIFE! You don’t need a special reason to give blood. You just need YOUR OWN reason.
- #1 reason to donate is because they “want to help others”
- We all know someone who has needed a blood transfusion
- One donation can help save the lives of up to 3 people
- Half of the Red Cross donors are male, half are female
- Donors can give either whole blood or specific blood components
- Red blood cells are the most commonly transfused blood components – therefore the most needed
- Maximize your impact – Make a Power Red donation
- You might be a special match for a patient in need! Mark your race on the blood donor record – you may be taking that extra step towards specifically helping individuals with sickle cell disease or rare blood types
Good Friday Blood Drive will be held on March 30, 2018 from 1:00 pm – 7:00pm in the Avila Room (adjacent to the playground).
Anyone 17 and older and weighing at least 110 lbs. can donate. Those who are 16 years old can donate with a singed parental consent form, available on site.
Appointments are strongly recommended to help manage wait times and flow throughout the day. Please schedule your appointment today online at www.redcrossblood.org . Enter sponsor code: St Teresa of Avila
Donors can save time by using Rapid Pass to complete the pre-donation reading and health history questionnaire. On Friday, March 30, prior to arriving at St Teresa’s, you would complete the questionnaire online at www.redcrossblood.org/RapidPass.
Remember to boost your iron the day before – eat your greens! On day of donation, eat a healthy breakfast, drink extra fluids, and bring a picture ID! If you have any questions, please contact the 2018 Blood Drive Coordinator, Gloria M Ron-Fornes at firstname.lastname@example.org