Saint Anthony Mass, June 13, 7pm
SAVE THE DATE! Luncheon for Life and Contest
CC Bible Study, new session starts October 22
Luncheon For Life
ESSAY AND VIDEO CONTEST
THEME - “MOVED BY MERCY”
As it relates to the Respect Life teaching of the Catholic Church
1. Write a well-written ESSAY between 150 - 300 words, or create a POSTER or design a 2 minute VIDEO on the topic “Moved by Mercy” as it relates to the Respect Life teachings of the Catholic Church.
2. First Place Prize will be $100.00, Second Place will be $75.00, Third Place will be $50.00. There will be prizes for ALL CATAGORIES. Additionally, the winners from St. Teresa Faith & Life Society Contest will be eligible to compete in the Archdiocese Respect Life Contest!
3. The contest is open to students in grades 9 through 12.
4. ESSAYS should be between 150 to 300 words, typed, double-spaced, in size 12 Arial or similar font.
Short essays under 150 words and long essays over 300 words will not be eligible. Grammar and spelling are important, and may determine the difference between 1st place, and 2nd and 3rd place winners. Entries may be submitted online only. Do not include your name or anything that might identify you within your essay.
5. POSTERS should be 16” by 24”. Posters should be submitted by Monday, September 12, 2016, at 4:00 p.m., to the St. Teresa of Avila Rectory, 306 Morris Avenue, Summit, NJ 07901.
On an Index Card write your name, address, phone number, email address and school– attach it to the back of the poster with a paper clip (so it can be removed before judging.)
6. VIDEOS should be between 2 to 3 minutes and are to be submitted by email. You can include your name, address, phone number, email address and school in the email. Once the video is received it will be downloaded with an ID number to avoid knowledge of the designer.
7. Essays and Videos are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE BY MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2016 BEFORE 5 PM.
All submissions will be judged by a panel of judges who will not know the author of the essay, nor the artist or the video designer.
Contest winners will be contact by September 16, 2016 by email. Winners will be invited as guests to the St. Teresa of Avila Luncheon for Life on Sunday, October 2, 2016 at Memorial Hall. Prizes will be awarded at the Luncheon for Life on October 2, 2016